Back to the Article|
by Movies News Desk
Lakeshore Records will release FOCUS FEATURES 10TH ANNIVERSARY: A COLLECTION OF FILM SCORES digitally today, December 18th and in stores on January 29th, 2013. The collection celebrates the 10th anniversary of the worldwide studio that makes original and daring films.
Over the past decade, Focus Features' movies have spotlighted the work of acclaimed film score composers, including including Gustavo Santaolalla (Academy Award winner for Brokeback Mountan), Dario Marianelli (Academy Award winner for Atonement), Danny Elfman (Academy Award nominee for Milk), Alberto Iglesias (Academy Award nominee for The Constant Gardener and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) and the late Elmer Bernstein (Academy Award nominee for Far from Heaven). Focus' films and the people who make them have to date received a total 78 Academy Award nominations and won 15, including for The Pianist, Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Motorcycle Diaries, Brokeback Mountain, The Constant Gardener, Atonement, Milk, and Beginners.
01. The Wings (from Brokeback Mountain) - Gustavo Santaolalla
02. Theme (from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) - Jon Brion
03. Roadblock I (from The Constant Gardener) - Alberto Iglesias
04. Briony (from Atonement) - Dario Marianelli
05. Wong Chia Chi's Theme (from Lust, Caution) - Alexandre Desplat
06. Eastern Promises (from Eastern Promises) - Howard Shore
07. Ted and Marion (from The Door in the Floor) - Marcelo Zarvos
08. The Kiss (from Milk) - Danny Elfman
09. La Marche des Bébés (from Babies) - Bruno Coulais
10. Delysia LaFosse (from Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day) - Paul Englishby
11. Autumn in Connecticut (from Far from Heaven) - Elmer Bernstein
12. Emily's Theme (from Brick) - Nathan Johnson
13. George Smiley (from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) - Alberto Iglesias
14. Yes! (from Jane Eyre) - Dario Marianelli
15. Exploration (from Coraline) - Bruno Coulais
16. Ride Into the Storm (from Sin Nombre) - Marcelo Zarvos
17. The Sun Also Rises (from The Kid Stays in the Picture) - Jeff Danna
18. Container Park (from Hanna) - The Chemical Brothers
ABOUT FOCUS FEATURES
Focus Features is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
Focus Features 10th Anniversary: A Collection of Film Scores will be available from Lakeshore Records digitally on December 18th and in stores on January 29th, 2013.