VH1, Parenting Magazine to Present 'Save The Music Foundation Family Day' in NYC, 3/9
Past Articles by This Author:
Wolf Trap Adds Jill Scott to 2013 Summer Filene Center SeasonAsher Monroe Electrifies Crowds at Wango TangoREO Speedwagon to Perform at 2013 Material Handling & Logistics ConferenceBosnian Rainbows Confirm Additional Tour DatesJoanne Shaw Taylor Confirms November UK TourPet Shop Boys 'Axis' Currently Premiering Via MixmagFirepower Records to Release 'Futures' EP From Konec, 5/28Joanne Shaw Taylor Confirms UK Tour with King King; Tickets on Sale TodayBTIG Counts Down to 2013 Commissions for Charity DayAntoinette Montague Performs at NY Baha'i Center Tonight
On Saturday, March 9th, VH1 and Parenting Magazine will present the VH1 Save The Music Foundation's Family Day - a free, family fun day open to the public - at The Anderson School in New York from 10AM to 4PM. The inaugural Family Day in 2011 saw over 1,000 guests and featured live performances from Mat Kearney, HANSON, Hot Peas 'N Butter, SafetySuit, The American Secrets a.k.a. FreeCreditScore.com band and nine-year-old violin Prodigy Brianna Kahane. This year's event will feature a live deejay set by nine-year-old sensation DJ Fulano. A protege of DJ Cassidy, DJ Fulano is not only deejaying around the country, but also recording a rap album and modeling for major publications and clothing brands. Additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
"We are thrilled to bring Family Day back to New York," said Paul Cothran, Vice President & Executive Director of the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. "The Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that children have access to a complete education, which includes music, and what better way to demonstrate that than through a daylong musical festival!"
For 2013, guests will be able to explore, interact and enjoy a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Performances by VH1 Save The Music students, Little Orchestra Society and more
- "Welcome To The Jungle" Activities including interactive stations hosted by Parenting Magazine, Celestron, Jamba Juice, pediped, Plum Organics, Taylor Guitars Painting Station, Kreative Katie face painting, Tattoos by Glitter Tattoo New York, 92.3 NOW and Smilebooth
- "Try This" Instrument Discovery Zone hosted by Taylor Guitars, Yamaha, Meisel from RS Berkeley, and Jupiter
- Rock 'N Read Story Time with Tracy Delio and The Secret Adventures of Louie V
- Juice Box Rated Workshops by Disney on Broadway's Newsies & The Lion King, Little Orchestra Society, Moey's Music Party, Class Attire, Citibabes, Wendy The Pipe Cleaner Lady and Mibblio
- "We Got The Beat" Drum Circle presented by NAMM
- "Running on Empty" Refueling Stations with GoGo Squeez and Pirates Booty
- "Rolling on the River" Stroller Valet presented by Quinny
- "Hungry Like A Wolf" Street Vendor Showcase where you can grab a bite from La Bella Torte, Toum, Coolhaus or Palenque Homemade Colombian and 10% of the price of your lunch will benefit the Foundation
- "Hey Momma" Market featuring scarves by Otrera, Chalkboard Tees, CDs from Moey's Music Party and more
- A performance by 9-year-old sensation DJ Fulano
The VH1 Save The Music Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music Education programs in America's public schools, and raising awareness about the importance of music as part of each child's complete education.To date, VH1 Save The Music has provided more than $49.5 million in new musical instruments to 1,850 public schools in more than 192 school districts around the country, impacting the lives of over 2.1 million children.
More Articles by This Author...