The S&R Foundation Presents Overtures Spring Concert Series, Part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival
Past Articles by This Author:
Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell to Perform at MPAC, 7/12Cas Haley Releases New Album LA SI DAH; Adds 6/13 Show with Cheryl Crow in VAVIDEO: Adam Zwig's 'Everybody Love' Music VideoJason Collett, Toronto Symphony and More Set for Luminato's 2013 Late Night Music LineupMarlene Ver Planck to Appear on Michael Bourne's SINGERS UNLIMITED, 6/16ONE Campaign Launches AGIT8 as Call for Action Against PovertyPatti LuPone, Kristin Chenoweth, Jon Batiste and More Set for Carnegie Hall's 2013-2014 Pops SeasonDJs Benzi, Rock-It! Scientists, Costa and Tonnesen Set for SHRINE, July 2013TobyMac to Play Madison Square Garden, 12/7Emily's Army Releases New Album LOST AT SEVENTEEN Today
The S&R Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports talented individuals with high aspirations in the arts and sciences, announced the second Overtures Spring Concert Series. From March 21 through May 31, Overtures will celebrate international music as part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, featuring numerous performances at two renowned venues in the Washington D.C. area. Tickets are selling quickly, with two concerts already sold out.
"We received such a positive response from the Overtures Series last year and are thrilled to partner with the National Cherry Blossom Festival once again to add to the festival's rich musical programs. To allow the Overtures Series' artists to reach a greater audience, this spring's series will include performances at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts," said Dr. Sachiko Kuno, president and CEO of the S&R Foundation. "This year, we are presenting the premiere of the Overtures Chamber Music Project, which features collaborations of soloist-caliber musicians performing together for the first time."
The schedule for the 2013 Overtures Spring Concert Series is as follows:
- March 21: Ori Kam, Viola, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Terrace Theater
- March 26: Tamaki Kawakubo and Ori Kam, Duo, Evermay Estate
- March 31: Andy Akiho, Composer Percussionist, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Millennium Stage
- April 1: Yu Kosuge, Piano, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Terrace Theater
- April 4*: Keiko Matsui, Piano, Evermay Estate
- April 7: Urban Tango Trio, Trio, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Millennium Stage
- May 17* & 24: Soichi and Kaori Muraji, Guitar, Evermay Estate
- May 29: Overtures Chamber Music Project, Evermay Estate
- May 30: Overtures Chamber Music Project, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Family Theater
- May 31: Ryo Yanagitani, Piano, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Family Theater
Tickets to the Overtures concerts sell out quickly. Please visit http://overturesseries.org/ for additional performance details and to purchase tickets.
More Articles by This Author...