"Concert tickets are always a top draw among our customers, and that was particularly true this quarter," said Jessica Cushing, Associate Vice President of Online Marketing at TicketNetwork.com. "Immensely popular tours from Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Justin Bieber easily outperformed those of older acts on the road. With lengthy tours booked well into this year, all three artists are likely to continue their domination in the concert category."
In Q4 2012, ticket sales in the concert category grew 48% over Q3 2012. Complete category rankings for Q4 are below. Visit TicketNetwork.com for the full Q4 report.
Top Concert Acts on TicketNetwork.com *
1. Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran
2. One Direction
3. Justin Bieber
4. George Strait & Martina McBride
5. Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Top Sports Teams on TicketNetwork.com *
1. New York Knicks
2. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
4. San Francisco Giants
5. Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
Top Theater Productions on TicketNetwork.com *
1. The Book of Mormon
3. Radio City Christmas Spectacular
4. The Lion King
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
* Based on TicketNetwork.com sales Reports for the quarter spanning October 1 - December 31, 2012. Trademarked terms are the property of their respective owners and are used strictly for descriptive purposes. TicketNetwork is an online ticket marketplace and is in no way associated with the trademark owners or artists/teams mentioned.
Since its launch in 2007, TicketNetwork.com has helped connect thousands of live entertainment fans to the vast network of independent sellers that list tickets on the TicketNetwork Online Exchange. The site's straightforward design allows customers to easily find, compare, and buy the most sought-after tickets to concert, sporting, and theater events worldwide. In addition to being PCI-compliant and EVSSL-certified, TicketNetwork.com offers customers a 125% money back guarantee on their purchases. TicketNetwork.com is the signature retail website of ticket software company TicketNetwork, Inc., and is headquartered in South Windsor, CT. To learn more, visithttp://www.ticketnetwork.com.