JOHN FOGERTY, Vanguard Records
JOHN FOGERTY'S much-anticipated album WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE will be released May 28th on Vanguard Records, his first for the label. Beginning today (February 4), the album is available for pre-order in both the iTunes and Amazon stores (see the album cover above and the tracklisting below). One of the album's highlights--FOGERTY's immortal swamp rock smash hit "Born On The Bayou" which the legendary rocker has recorded with Kid Rock--was used by NFL Network in their coverage of Super Bowl XLVII fittingly played in New Orleans.
Wrote a Song for Everyone tracklisting:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
Produced by FOGERTY, one of rock's most important artists and a national treasure who's sold over 100 million records, WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE is a celebration of his iconic songbook and a collection of 12 classics and deep tracks from his remarkable canon of hits as well as two brand new songs, "Mystic Highway" and "Train of Fools." FOGERTY performed alongside an array of today's biggest superstars from the country, pop and rock worlds including Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Keith Urban, Jennifer Hudson, Kid Rock, Brad Paisley, the Zac Brown Band, My Morning Jacket, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert and more. The album also sees FOGERTYteaming with an acclaimed new band like Dawes, who were eager to acknowledge the groundbreaking songwriter/guitarist's titanic influence. FOGERTY also recorded his classic "Lodi"with his sons Shane and Tyler Fogerty at Abbey Road Studios in London.
As FOGERTY explains in a cover story in the current (January/February) "Legends" issue ofAmerican Songwriter: "I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I'd recorded in the past. I was hoping they'd have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I'd have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new."